Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Steak With Strawberry Salad
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon butter
7 ounces of beef tenderloin
1 ½ teaspoons of olive oil
1.25 inches of - ginger root, peeled and cut into pieces
½ lettuce head
3 red cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons of sweet corn
½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon chili paste
How to Cook Pan-Fried Steak With Strawberry Salad
- Drizzle the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the butter.
- While the butter melts, add the thyme to flavor the fat.
- Lay the beef tenderloin into the skillet, and season it with salt.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil on the steaks and cook them.
- Add the ginger root, squeeze some lime juice over the steaks and move them into the oven.
- Cook the beef tenderloin for about 2-3 minutes per side. When ready, set aside to rest.
- Make the salad: chop the lettuce, halve the cherry tomatoes, cut the strawberries into halves or quarters.
- Put all the veggies in a large bowl and add the sweet corn, then grate some fresh lemon zest.
- Make a vinaigrette: mix the remaining olive oil with red wine vinegar, squeezed fresh lemon juice, chili paste, then season with salt and pepper by taste.
- Pour this vinaigrette over the lettuce salad and mix.
- Slice the beef steaks and serve them with salad.