Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Steak With Paprika Rice
2.5 ounces of rice
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1.25 inches of - ginger root, peeled and cut into pieces
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 star anise
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ chili pepper, slices
2 rosemary sprigs
1 teaspoon butter
1 beef steak
½ teaspoon black pepper corns
How to Cook Pan-Fried Steak With Paprika Rice
- Put water in a saucepan on medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice, salt, 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, ginger, paprika powder and star anise. Mix and cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, chili pepper slices, and rosemary sprigs and fry them 1 minute, just to flavor the oil.
- Add the butter and melt it.
- Lay the steak in the same skillet, sprinkle some coarse salt on it, and cook it for 3 minutes on one side, then turn it over. Add black peppercorns and cook the steak for 2 more minutes for rare or 3 to 4 for medium rare. If you want it well done, you can cook it one minute more.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for a 5 minutes before serving.
- Chop the fresh oregano and combine it with the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper, to make a sauce.
- Serve the steak with flavored rice and oregano sauce.