Pan Fried Salmon With Spring Onion Potato Mash
Sometimes you crave for a dish that is not only tasty, but also takes a bit to make. So why not reward yourself with it? Make a classic: fry a salmon fillet and make some mashed potatoes! Spice things up by adding some spring onion in the potato mash! Yummy!
Ingredients Needed for Pan Fried Salmon With Spring Onion Potato Mash
7 ounces of salmon fillet
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 cherry tomatoes
2 spring onions s, sliced
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
How to Make Pan Fried Salmon With Spring Onion Potato Mash
- Wash and peel off the skins of the potatoes, then cut them into halves. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Throw in the potatoes and boil them for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, score the fillet by cutting 3 shallow slashes through the skin and just into the flesh.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil on it.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the salmon skin side down for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and cook for more 2-3 minutes.
- In another skillet heat 1 more tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook them for about 3-4 minutes.
- When the potatoes are boiled, remove the pot from the heat.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork and mix them with the sliced spring onion. Add the melted butter, salt and pepper. Mix until you get a smooth mash potato.
- Serve the grilled salmon with mashed potatoes and fried tomatoes.