Ingredients Needed for Pan Fried Salmon With Spring Onion Potato Mash
7 ounces of salmon fillet
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 cherry tomatoes
2 spring onions s, sliced
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
How to Cook Pan Fried Salmon With Spring Onion Potato Mash
- Wash and peel off the skins of the potatoes, then cut them into halves. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Throw in the potatoes and boil them for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, score the fillet by cutting 3 shallow slashes through the skin and just into the flesh.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil on it.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the salmon skin side down for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and cook for more 2-3 minutes.
- In another skillet heat 1 more tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook them for about 3-4 minutes.
- When the potatoes are boiled, remove the pot from the heat.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork and mix them with the sliced spring onion. Add the melted butter, salt and pepper. Mix until you get a smooth mash potato.
- Serve the grilled salmon with mashed potatoes and fried tomatoes.