Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Salmon With Orange-Flavored Chickpeas
7 ounces of salmon fillet
1 lime, cut into halves
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 rosemary sprigs
2 basil leaves
½ cup canned chickpeas
5 mint leaves
1 teaspoon soy sauce
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ teaspoon orange zest
1 spring onion, sliced
1 tea spoon balsamic glaze
How to Cook Pan-Fried Salmon With Orange-Flavored Chickpeas
- Place the salmon fillet on your countertop skin side up and score its skin.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the fillet.
- Squeeze some lime juice from one lime half only on the skin side. Keep the other lime half for serving.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and place the fillet in it, skin side down.
- Sprinkle the rosemary sprigs and basil leaves into the skillet.
- Cook it 6 to 7 minutes on the first side, for a thin fillet. Flip the fillet and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Set it aside.
- Take another skillet and heat it on your stove. Add the canned chickpeas, fresh mint, squeeze some more lime juice. Stir and cook.
- Add the soy sauce, red bell pepper, orange zest, salt, pepper, and spring onion. Stir for a few more minutes, then transfer the chickpeas on a plate.
- Drizzle some balsamic glaze and place the cooked salmon on top. Leave the remaining lime to further drizzle the dish if needed.