Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Salmon With Flavored Rice
½ cup rice
½ red bell pepper
½ yellow bell pepper
14 ounces of salmon fillet
5 mint leaves
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon turmeric
3 tablespoons of pomegranate seed
How to Cook Pan-Fried Salmon With Flavored Rice
- Fill a large pot with about 4 cups/1000 ml of water and bring it to a boil. Add salt.
- Add the rice and boil it until it’s cooked through.
- Dice the bell pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets on your countertop with the skin side up and score their skin.
- Squeeze some lime juice on both sides of the salmon fillets. After that, sprinkle some salt on both sides, too.
- Squeeze orange juice on the fish fillets.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and place the fillets in it, skin side up.
- Throw the fresh mint into the skillet.
- Cook 6 to 7 minutes on the first side, if you’re dealing with a thin fillet. Flip the fillets and cook them for 1-2 minutes more. Set them aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in your wok and add the diced bell pepper. Stir and cook until it softens.
- Squeeze some more lime juice.
- Add the cooked rice, grate some orange zest on top, then toss.
- Add the brown sugar, pepper, salt, soy sauce, and turmeric.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds and the seaweed, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve the salmon with the rice.
- Garnish with radish sprouts and pomegranate seeds.