Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Couscous
If this recipe makes you think of Asian cuisine, then you are right. It’s the Asian cuisine that primarily inspired us here, but we also added an Arabic touch to it by using couscous. So, think of this flavored pan-fried pork belly as belonging to the world.
Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Couscous
10 ounces pork belly, chopped
1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon of five-spice powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1.5 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 cup couscous
more parsley (for seasoning)
black sesame (for seasoning)
How to Make Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Couscous
- Add the pork belly to a bowl. Season with sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, oregano, five-spice powder, and soy sauce.
- Mix to coat the meat.
- Mix in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over high heat and add the flavored pork belly.
- Cook and stir until it browns, then add the parsley and stir it in. Set aside.
- Add the couscous to a bowl and season with salt. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and cover with hot water.
- Stir in, cover the bowl and let the couscous soak for 10 minutes.
- Mix the couscous with the meat, season with chopped parsley and black sesame and serve garnished with lime wedges.