Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Chicken Drumsticks With Onion Mashed Potatoes
1 ½ tablespoon canola oil
2 chicken drumsticks
1 onion, chopped
1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
⅓ cup apple vinegar
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon paprika
4 potatoes, cubed
¼ cup heavy cream
How to Cook Pan-Fried Chicken Drumsticks With Onion Mashed Potatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a pan. Turn the heat to high, add the drumsticks and fry them until golden brown on both sides. Season with pepper in the process.
- Transfer the seared drumsticks to a bowl and set them aside. Lower the heat and add the chopped onion to the same pan.
- Stir in, then cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the apple slices and stir them in.
- Add the seared drumsticks, pour the apple vinegar over them, cover with the lid and cook for 12 minutes.
- Start heating the remaining canola oil in a pan over low heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. After it melts, add the minced onion.
- Cook and stir until tender. Add the crushed garlic, season with salt, paprika, and pepper. Stir in and remove from heat.
- Fill a pot halfway with water and heat it over low heat. Add the potatoes and cook them.
- Strain the cooked potatoes and discard the liquid. Add them to the pot with the heavy cream and the egg. Mix.
- Add the remaining butter. Stir it in.
- Stir in the cooked minced onion, too.
- Serve the drumsticks over the apple and chopped onion mixture together with the mashed potatoes.