Ingredients Needed for Pan-Cooked Baby Octopus Rice With Grilled Squid
1 star anise
1 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice
1 ½ cups of rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 ounces of vegetable mix
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 ounces of baby octopus
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 pound squid tubes (10-12 smaller ones)
How to Cook Pan-Cooked Baby Octopus Rice With Grilled Squid
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Salt it, add the star anise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and rice. Cover with the lid and boil for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the vegetables. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the garlic and baby octopus and stir them in. Season with pepper and stir some more.
- Add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir them in for 30 seconds or so.
- Shortly beat the 2 eggs in a bowl, then add them to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Skewer the squid tubes (1 wooden skewer for each squid tube).
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a grill pan over medium heat and add the skewered octopus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3 minutes on both sides, or until golden brown marks appear. Drizzle with the remaining lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Serve the skewered octopus over the pan-cooked rice.