Ingredients Needed for Oxtail Stew
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
10 ounces of oxtail, cut into chunky pieces
½ cup flour
1 cup beef stock
2 bay leaves
3 ounces of celery root, sliced
4 garlic cloves
3 mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon peppercorn
How to Cook Oxtail Stew
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Shred one of the carrots.
- Add the red onion and the shredded carrot. Season with salt and sweet paprika. Cook them for 2-3 minutes. Transfer them in a deep skillet.
- Coat the oxtail chunks with flour and cook them until well browned, for around 10 minutes. Move them with the carrot and onion.
- Place the skillet over medium heat. Pour the beef stock and add the bay leaves, celery, garlic, potato, zucchini, and mushrooms.
- Bring everything to a boil and add a few black peppercorns.
- Cook everything until the liquid evaporates and the oxtail becomes fork tender.