Calories: 598 kCal / serving
- 16 g
- 34 g
- 59 g
Ingredients Needed for Oven-Baked Ramekin Stew
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 onions, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
3 tablespoons of flour
¼ cup white wine
3 cups of vegetable stock
5 ounces of canned white beans
5 ounces of canned chickpeas
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 egg yolk
How to Make Oven-Baked Ramekin Stew
- Add the olive oil in a large saucepan and place it on medium heat. Add the onion and carrots, stir with a wooden spoon and cook until the onion is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the flour and stir to coat the vegetables with it. Add the white wine, then start adding the vegetable stock gradually, while stirring, until the liquid thickens.
- Add the thyme sprigs and some more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Add the canned white beans and canned chickpeas. Stir, cover with a lid and let them cook. When the stew is ready, remove it from the heat.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut 4 squares (about 3×3 inches/7.5×7.5cm).
- Divide the veggie stew in 4 ramekins (4 inches/10 cm in diameter). Top each ramekin with a pastry square.
- Beat the egg yolk and coat with it the puff pastry, using a silicone brush. Top each ramekin with 1 thyme sprig.
- Bake the stew ramekins for 40 minutes at 400˚F/200˚C.