Ingredients Needed for Oven-Baked Buns With Prosciutto and Mozzarella
4 toast breads
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 ounces of mozzarella
4 basil leaves
½ cup milk
½ cup flour
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Oven-Baked Buns With Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the toast slices. Top them with equal amounts of mozzarella, 1 slice of prosciutto, and 1 basil leaf. Take 2 bread slices and use them to top the remaining ones.
- Coat the sandwiches with milk, whisked egg, and flour. Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat. Cook the sandwiches for about 2 minutes per side.
- When ready, wrap the sandwiches in plastic foil and tie a knot. Try not to leave any air inside the wrap. Freeze the wraps for the next 15 minutes.
- Untie the knots and remove the sandwiches from the wraps. Place them in an oven tray. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In order to make the sauce, heat the heavy cream in a skillet over low heat. Add shredded parmesan, salt, and pepper. Cook the sauce for about 4-5 minutes, while stirring, until it reaches a thick and creamy texture.