Ingredients Needed for Oregano and Mozzarella Tart
5 garlic cloves
3 oreganos sprigs, fresh
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 tablespoon chili flakes
6 ounces of mozzarella bocconcini
1 tablespoon parmesan
How to Cook Oregano and Mozzarella Tart
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Add the garlic, fresh oregano, melted butter, and olive oil in a food processor and blend them until you get a creamy mixture. Season it with a little bit of salt.
- Generously cover your work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry.
- Using a brush, evenly spread the oregano mixture on the puff pastry surface.
- Sprinkle the chili flakes on top.
- Cut vertically the puff pastry in 5 equal stripes, then in other 5, horizontally this time.
- Put on each puff pastry square a small mozzarella ball. You should have around 20 squares.
- Carefully wrap each mozzarella ball in its puff pastry blanket.
- Drizzle a saucepan with a little bit of olive oil and add each puff pastry ball.
- Bake them for 25 minutes. In the end, you’ll have a whole puff pastry tart.
- Grate parmesan and add a few more oregano leaves on top. Serve it warm!