Ingredients Needed for Orange Flavored Roasted Duck
1 small duck, around 2 pounds
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
¼ cup cognac
1 cup chicken stock
½ cup white wine
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon cornstarch
How to Cook Orange Flavored Roasted Duck
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Place the duck on your wooden board. Slice the orange into halves and squeeze 1 half over the duck. Remove the peel from the remaining half. Slice the remaining orange and use it to stuff the duck.
- Season with salt and pepper. Tie the duck with a string all around it.
Place the duck on a rack set over a roasting tin and pour around 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water in the tin.
Slide the tray into the oven and roast the duck for the next 90 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Add the orange peel and gently boil for around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the orange zest and leave the water over heat. Add the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, cognac. Squeeze the remaining orange half in the saucepan. Pour the chicken stock, white wine, and add the butter.
- While on heat, mix the cornstarch with 1-2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the sauce thickens. Spread the obtained glaze over the duck.