Ingredients Needed for Orange and Almond Polenta Cake
1 ½ cups of almond flour
½ cup cornflour
1 tablespoon orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of orange blossom water
7 ounces of butter
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon cardamom
whipped cream for serving
lime zest for garnishing
How to Cook Orange and Almond Polenta Cake
- Add the almond flour, cornflour, orange zest, vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water to a bowl or a deep plate. Mix until even.
- Add the butter and 1 cup of sugar to the dough mixer bowl and start mixing.
- Gradually add the eggs and the almond flour mixture in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Line a 7 or 8-inch diameter baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the dough to it. Bake for 45 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Add the orange juice, the other teaspoon of orange blossom water, the remaining sugar, and the cardamom to a pot over low heat. Stir in and boil for 5-6 minutes.