Ingredients Needed for Onion Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
3 onions s, chopped
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons of cognac
3 cups of beef stock
½ baguette, thinly sliced
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Make Onion Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and melt it. Add the chopped onions, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- When it turns golden, pour the cognac and beef stock. Bring it to a boil and simmer it for the next 20 minutes with a lid on top.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Lay the baguette slices in a small baking tray and pour a small drizzle of olive oil over them. Add the shredded Cheddar.
- Add the tray in the oven for the next 10 minutes.
- Place the soup into a bowl and serve it with the Cheddar-topped crostini.