Ingredients Needed for Onion Bread
3 spring onions
2 tablespoons of fresh yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds of flour
2 ¼ warm waters
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Cook Onion Bread
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Thinly slice the onion and chop the spring onion.
- Add the fresh yeast in a small bowl and gently break it into chunks with the help of your fingers. Add the sugar and mix it with the yeast. Add 2-3 tablespoons of warm water and mix until you obtain a smooth, moist mixture. Leave it aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until it is golden.
- Add the flour in a large bowl. Add the spring onion, yeast, fried onion, and warm water. Mix with your hands until you obtain a smooth dough.
- Now scrape the bottom of another large bowl with olive oil. Move the dough in it and cover it with a towel for 30-60 minutes.
- After that, spread flour on your working surface. Grab the dough, and knead it for a few minutes until it’s firm, smooth, and elastic.
- Move the dough in an oven tray, cover it with a towel, and let it rise for 15 minutes.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 15-20 minutes.