Ingredients Needed for One-Pot Chicken Thighs With Chorizo and Potatoes
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon paprika
4 chicken thighs
8 ounces of chorizo, thickly sliced
1 onion, quartered
2 small potatoes, quartered
1 medium celery stick, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons of lemon zest
2 cups of canned tomatoes
¾ cup chicken stock
3 bay leaves
3 fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make One-Pot Chicken Thighs With Chorizo and Potatoes
- Add the flour and paprika to a bowl and mix them together. Coat the chicken thighs with this mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the coated chicken thighs. Fry them on both sides for 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the chorizo to the same skillet over medium heat. Fry and stir them in the chicken thigh drippings until they turn dark red, or for up to 6 minutes.
- Add the onion, potatoes, and celery. Stir them in. Add the garlic, lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and continuously stir for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a saucepan over low heat. Add the canned tomatoes, chicken stock, and bay leaves. Stir in.
- Place the fried chicken thighs on top, add the thyme, cover with the lid, then simmer for 35 minutes.