Ingredients Needed for One Pan Chicken, Rice and Beans
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 ounces of chicken breast, cubed
1 red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
5 ounces of wild rice
1 cup water
½ red chili, sliced
1 chives, chopped
½ cup cheddar, shredded
3.5 ounces of canned red beans
How to Cook One Pan Chicken, Rice and Beans
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken cubes, stir, and cook them until golden.
- Add the red onion and season with curry powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Next stir and make room in the middle of the skillet. Add the wild rice and pour the water. Cover everything with a lid and let it simmer for the next 20 minutes.
- Add the red chili, chives, and the shredded Cheddar.
- Add the canned red beans and cook everything for 5 more minutes, while stirring from time to time.
- Serve with shredded parmesan and chives on top.