Calories: 1326 kCal / serving
- 21 g
- 70 g
- 153 g
Ingredients Needed for Olive Oil and Garlic Focaccia
For the focaccia crust:
2 pounds of flour
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup water
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
For the olive oil-garlic mixture:
3 garlic cloves
¼ cup olive oil
1 rosemary sprig
How to Make Olive Oil and Garlic Focaccia
- For the focaccia crust:
Add the flour, salt, active dry yeast, olive oil, and water to the dough mixer bowl. Mix until you have a dough.
- Spread some flour on the work surface, knead the dough a little, then form it into a lump.
- Sprinkle some vegetable oil into a bigger bowl and spread it using the hand. Put the dough lump into the bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Again, spread some flour on the work surface, knead the dough a little and form it into a loaf. Cut the loaf into 5 pieces using a plastic knife.
- For now, we’ll only use 2 pieces. Wrap the others in plastic wrap. The dough will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Spread some flour on the work surface, flatten the 2 pieces of dough forming them into pizza/focaccia crusts. Poke holes in them.
- Cut the onions in such a way so that they resemble water-lilies. Place them in the middle of the crust dough pieces.
- Place them on a baking tray, sprinkle some vegetable oil over them, and bake them for 40 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- For the olive oil-garlic mixture:
Add the garlic cloves, after you poked some holes in them, the olive oil, rosemary sprig, and some salt to a smaller bowl. Mix.
- After the focaccia crusts are done, coat them with the olive oil mixture using a kitchen brush.