Ingredients Needed for Oat Bread
½ cup oat flakes
¼ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup warm water
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
½ cup flour
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
How to Cook Oat Bread
- Add the oat flakes and whole wheat flour to a bowl and mix them together.
- Add 1/4 cup of warm water, mix until even and set aside.
- Add the honey, olive oil, and salt to a small bowl. Mix until even. Set aside.
- Add the remaining warm water (1/2 cup) to another small bowl. Mix it with the dry yeast. Mix in the sugar, then let it activate for 10 minutes.
- Pour it over the oat flake mixture. Mix until even. Add the honey mixture and mix some more.
- Add the flour and mix until you have a dough.
- Dust the work surface with some flour and shape the dough into a sphere. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, transfer it to a bowl and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Again, dust the work surface with flour and flatten the dough lump a little using your fingers. Fit it into a 6 or 7-inch springform pan.
- Coat with the remaining vegetable oil, garnish with more oat flakes, then bake for 35 minutes at 400⁰F/190⁰C.