Nutty Leek and Potato Soup
This creamy leek and potato soup has “nuts” and “seeds” written all over it. It has coconut oil, it has cashews and it has almond milk. As for the garnishing, rosemary-flavored sautéed pumpkin seeds seemed to us like a glorious choice. Prepare to go nuts.
Ingredients Needed for Nutty Leek and Potato Soup
1 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil
2 small leeks, chopped
3 medium potatoes, cubed
3 cups of water
¼ cup cashews
1 cup almond milk
3 garlic cloves
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
How to Make Nutty Leek and Potato Soup
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a cooking pot over low heat. As it melts add the leek and potatoes. Stir them in.
- Add the water and stir in. Cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the cashews, almond milk, garlic, yeast, mustard, cumin, and white wine vinegar to a blender. Season with salt and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cooked potato mixture to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add the almond milk blend an mix a little more. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and rosemary. Sautee them until the seeds start browning.
- Serve the soup garnished with fried pumpkin seeds. Optionally add some heavy cream, too.