Ingredients Needed for Nutty Leek and Potato Soup
1 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil
2 small leeks, chopped
3 medium potatoes, cubed
3 cups of water
¼ cup cashews
1 cup almond milk
3 garlic cloves
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
How to Cook Nutty Leek and Potato Soup
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a cooking pot over low heat. As it melts add the leek and potatoes. Stir them in.
- Add the water and stir in. Cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the cashews, almond milk, garlic, yeast, mustard, cumin, and white wine vinegar to a blender. Season with salt and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cooked potato mixture to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add the almond milk blend an mix a little more. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and rosemary. Sautee them until the seeds start browning.
- Serve the soup garnished with fried pumpkin seeds. Optionally add some heavy cream, too.