Ingredients Needed for No-Bake Chestnut Cake With Sea Buckthorn Syrup
14 ounces chestnuts, peeled
½ cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
6 ounces mascarpone
1½ cups sea buckthorn berries
2-3 tablespoons honey
10-12 (digestive) cookies
2-3 tablespoons walnuts, crumbled
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons melted butter
How to Cook No-Bake Chestnut Cake With Sea Buckthorn Syrup
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chestnuts and boil them for 35-40 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream and 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix until fluffy.
- Keep adding the mascarpone and 2 more teaspoons of powdered sugar. Mix some more.
- Add the buckthorn berries to a pot over low heat and crush them. Cook until the syrup starts bubbling.
- Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of honey and remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture, add the remaining honey, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar (2 tablespoons), stir it in, and remove from heat.
- Add the cookies to the blender and crush them.
- Add the walnuts, cocoa powder, and melted butter. Mix until even.
- Transfer the boiled chestnuts to a measuring cup and mash them.
- Add them to the whipped cream bowl. Mix until even.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper and add the walnut-cookie mixture. Evenly spread it and press it gently.
- Layer the chestnut cream on top of it.
- Garnish with cocoa powder and top with sea buckthorn syrup.