Ingredients Needed for Gold Dipped Cherry Balls
3.5 ounces of maraschino cherries
2 fluid ounces of white rum
9 ounces of biscuits
7 ounces of walnuts
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
3.5 ounces of powdered sugar
2 ounces of butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons of pistachio, chopped
edible gold leaf
How to Cook Gold Dipped Cherry Balls
- Place the maraschino cherries in a small bowl and pour the white rum over them. Let them soak for 20 minutes.
- Add the biscuits and walnuts in a blender and blend them until they’re crumbled.
- Add the mixture to a large bowl. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa. Mix to combine everything.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix to combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones. Refrigerate for the next 10 minutes.
- Grab a piece of the mixture and flatten it using your hands. Place 1 maraschino cherry in the middle of the dough and shape the ball around the cherry. Slide 1 wooden skewer inside the ball. Continue until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the balls over it. Refrigerate them for the next 20 minutes.
- Fill a medium bowl with water. Lay the edible gold leaves on the water surface and dip the cherry balls, one by one, so they are covered with the gold leaf.
- Also, you can coat the cherry balls with crushed pistachios.