Navarin of Lamb
A strong, earthy, French stew, just perfect to feed a hungry crowd. The lamb meat is braised in a rich tomato sauce and is perfectly accompanied by potatoes, carrot, green beans, and peas. Also, add a touch of butter at the end of the cooking time to make the sauce richer and more savory.
Ingredients Needed for Navarin of Lamb
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 ½ pounds of lamb shoulder, large chunks
2 cups of chicken stock
2 bay leaves
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 thyme sprig
2 large potatoes, cubed
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3.5 ounces of frozen baby carrot
5 ounces of frozen green beans
7 ounces of frozen peas
1 teaspoon butter
2 spring onions, chopped
How to Make Navarin of Lamb
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the lamb shoulder and cook it for around 8 minutes, until the meat is browned.
- Pour half of the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the bay leaves, garlic, thyme, and bring to a boil.
- Give it a good stir, add the potatoes, and pour the remaining chicken stock. Simmer everything for the next 20 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Give it a good stir.
- Add the frozen baby carrots, green beans, and peas. Cook for 3 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Add the butter and spring onion. Reduce the heat and simmer everything for 15 minutes.