Ingredients Needed for Mustard Glazed Salmon and Beet Mash
1 salmon fillet, approximately 6 ounces
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 rosemary sprigs
1 ounce canned beetroot
¼ cup beetroot juice
1 potato, cooked
1 teaspoon butter
0.5 ounce parmesan, shredded
1 ounce lettuce
How to Cook Mustard Glazed Salmon and Beet Mash
- Place the salmon fillet on a wooden surface. Season it with salt and pepper. Spread the Dijon mustard over the salmon.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the salmon skin side down, along with the rosemary sprigs. Cook until golden brown, for about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch, or about 3 minutes more.
- Place the beet in a tall glass container. Pour the beet juice. Use the immersion blender and blend it until smooth.
- Mash the potato and place it in a large bowl. Mix it with the beet mash, one teaspoon of butter, and the shredded parmesan.
- Place the salmon on a bed of lettuce and serve it with the mash.