Ingredients Needed for Mussel Paella
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ cup rice
1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon chopped rosemary leaves
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 chili pepper s, slices
How to Make Mussel Paella
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet, stir and cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Add 1 cup (250 ml) of vegetable stock, stir, and cook further. When the liquid starts simmering, cover the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, on low heat.
- Remove the lid, add the mussels, and stir. If necessary, add the remaining vegetable stock. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- When the time’s up, remove the lid, add the turmeric, rosemary, heavy cream, and chili slices. Mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook until the rice is well done and absorbs most of the liquid.