Ingredients Needed for Mussel and Shrimp Thai Soup
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 ounces of peas
½ red bell pepper, sliced
1 teaspoon sour spicy coconut paste
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 ounce rice noodles
How to Make Mussel and Shrimp Thai Soup
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water, place it on the stove, and bring it to a boil.
- Add salt, mussels, shrimp, and fish sauce. Cook until the mussels open and shrimp turns pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mussels and shrimp and set them aside.
- Strain the soup into a bowl, and then transfer the liquid into a saucepan. Place it on the stove, on medium heat.
- Add the peas, red bell pepper, sour-spicy coconut paste, crushed garlic, squeeze the lime, add the tomato sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles and stir.
- When the noodles and vegetables are soft enough, add the cooked mussels and shrimp and further cook for 2 minutes.