Mushrooms With Polenta
Impress your family with a creamy, filling, and warming main course. Make it extra-cheesy by mixing polenta with grated parmesan and topping the final dish with diced Cheddar and mozzarella. The buttery, truffle oil-cooked mushrooms are flavored with thyme and rosemary and bring the flavors to a new level.
Ingredients Needed for Mushrooms With Polenta
For the mushrooms:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
11 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 tablespoon truffle oil
For the polenta:
4 cups of water
1 ½ cups of instant cornmeal
2 ounces of butter
1 cup parmesan
1 ounce Cheddar, diced (for the topping)
1 ounce of low moisture mozzarella, diced (for the topping)
1 ounce of parmesan, grated (for the topping)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Make Mushrooms With Polenta
- For the mushrooms:Add the olive oil and butter in a skillet over low heat and melt it.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until they turn golden brown.
- Add the fresh thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Stir once or twice. Add the truffle oil, season with salt and pepper, and stir for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- For the polenta:Fill a cooking pot halfway with water, salt it, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the instant cornmeal. Continually stir and cook until it thickens.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes more. Add the butter and whisk to incorporate it. Add the parmesan and mix until even.
- Transfer the polenta on a serving plate and add the cooked mushrooms on top. Garnish with diced Cheddar and mozzarella, grated parmesan, and thyme. Bake for 8 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Serve garnished with more grated parmesan.