Ingredients Needed for Mushroom White Sauce Stew
2 white onions s, diced
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
10 mushrooms, sliced
½ cup water
½ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons of flour
¼ teaspoon chili flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 parsley, chopped
How to Cook Mushroom White Sauce Stew
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook it, stirring often, until it softens.
- Add the mushrooms and stir. Cook further until the mushrooms soften a little.
- Add the water, salt, and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer.
- Meanwhile, add the heavy cream in a bowl.
- Sift the flour and add it to the same bowl. Whisk until you make a thick sauce.
- Transfer the white sauce to the mushroom saucepan. Mix them.
- Add the chili flakes, garlic, and parsley.
- Squeeze some lime juice.
- Mix, cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve with polenta.