Calories: 170 kCal / serving
- 11 g
- 8 g
- 19 g
Ingredients Needed for Mushroom-Stuffed Tomatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
14 ounces of brown mushrooms, minced
1 medium onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
10 ounces of baby spinach
½ cup low-fat feta, crumbled
6 medium tomatoes
How to Make Mushroom-Stuffed Tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until they start changing color.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the onion and garlic and stir them in. Season with salt and pepper and stir in. Cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the spinach. Cook and stir until wilted. Add the feta and stir it in. Remove from heat.
- For each tomato cut off the stem end and scoop up the pulp using a spoon. Discard the pulp, but keep the stem ends.
- Stuff the tomatoes with mushroom and spinach mixture, then top each with its cap. Transfer to a roomy baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.