2 tablespoons of butter
1 onion, chopped
8 ounces of shimeji mushroom, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons of dry sherry
½ tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
3 chicken breasts
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cook the onion until softens.
- Add the Shimeji mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, dry sherry, fresh thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Lay the chicken breasts on your chopping board. Use a thin sharp knife to cut a pocket in the thicker part of each chicken breast. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the mushroom mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Melt the remaining butter in an ovenproof skillet on medium heat. Fry the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown, then transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.