1 pound mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
2 red onions, chopped
7 ounces leek, chopped
5 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
1/3 cup melted butter
7 ounces phyllo sheets (some 5 sheets)
4 eggs, boiled
- Crush the mushrooms in a blender.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan over low heat, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the leek. Cook and stir for 15 minutes, then temporarily transfer to a bowl.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining butter and olive oil over low-medium heat.
- Stir in the mushrooms, then cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked leek and set aside.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on the baking tray and coat it with melted butter. Lay the next one on top and do the same. Do this with 4 sheets.
- Add 1/2 of the mushroom and leek mixture on the phyllo sheet stack and shape it into a rectangular layer 3-inch wide.
- Add the eggs on top and cover them with the remaining mixture. Roll.
- Coat the phyllo pastry roll with melted butter. Crumble the remaining phyllo sheet and use it to garnish the roll. Sprinkle with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.