Mushroom, Egg, and Leek Phyllo Pie
It’s been some time since we’ve last prepared a hearty phyllo pastry savory pie, so let’s fix that. We used a lot of mushrooms paired with leeks for this one. We put in boiled eggs and some cheese and wrapped everything with phyllo sheets. So, creamy and crunchy, everyone! Don’t overeat, though!
Ingredients Needed for Mushroom, Egg, and Leek Phyllo Pie
1 pound mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
2 red onions, chopped
7 ounces leek, chopped
5 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
⅓ cup melted butter
7 ounces phyllo sheets (some 5 sheets)
4 eggs, boiled
How to Make Mushroom, Egg, and Leek Phyllo Pie
- Crush the mushrooms in a blender.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan over low heat, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the leek. Cook and stir for 15 minutes, then temporarily transfer to a bowl.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining butter and olive oil over low-medium heat.
- Stir in the mushrooms, then cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked leek and set aside.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on the baking tray and coat it with melted butter. Lay the next one on top and do the same. Do this with 4 sheets.
- Add 1/2 of the mushroom and leek mixture on the phyllo sheet stack and shape it into a rectangular layer 3-inch wide.
- Add the eggs on top and cover them with the remaining mixture. Roll.
- Coat the phyllo pastry roll with melted butter. Crumble the remaining phyllo sheet and use it to garnish the roll. Sprinkle with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.