Ingredients Needed for Mushroom, Asparagus and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 red onion, julienne sliced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
6 champignon mushrooms
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ teaspoon chili flakes
½ teaspoon oregano, dried
4 asparagus sticks
1 ounce parmesan
How to Make Mushroom, Asparagus and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion, stir, and cook until softens.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the onion and caramelize it.
- Add the white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Mix and cook them together for 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Rinse and cut the mushrooms into halves, lengthwise.
- Cut the zucchini into medium sized cubes.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini cubes and cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red and yellow bell pepper.
- Season it with salt and pepper and stir-fry the veggies over high heat for another minute.
- Add the chili flakes and dried oregano.
- Trim the asparagus spears into 4 pieces each and add them to the skillet. Cook until tender-crisp, 1-2 minutes.
- Place the caramelized onion on the bottom of a plate, then add the stir-fried veggies. Top everything with grated parmesan.