Calories: 369 kCal / serving
- 12 g
- 27 g
- 21 g
Ingredients Needed for Mushroom and Shallot Quiche
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 shallots, sliced
1 cup canned mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
⅓ cup heavy cream
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
½ cup baby spinach
3 tablespoons low moisture mozzarella, grated
8 ounces puff pastry (1 sheet)
2 tablespoons parmesan, crumbled
4 slices of mozzarella
1 tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
How to Make Mushroom and Shallot Quiche
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the shallots. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and butter. Cook and stir until the butter melts. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream, and garlic cloves to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk.
- Whisk in the parsley, baby spinach, and grated mozzarella. Season with thyme leaves.
- Add the mushroom mixture. Mix until even.
- Line a roomy baking dish with the puff pastry sheet. Trim the overflowing edges.
- Fill with the mushroom-shallot-egg mixture and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.
- Top with the slices of mozzarella and the chopped tomato. Season with dried basil.
- Bake for 5 minutes more at 340⁰F/170⁰C.