Ingredients Needed for Musakhan
4 chicken thighs
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, julienne sliced
2 red onions, julienne sliced
1 teaspoon sumac
1 teaspoon turmeric
3 cardamom seeds
¼ cup pine nut
4 tortilla wraps
How to Make Musakhan
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Add the chicken thighs in a baking tray.
- Pour half of the vegetable oil over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 45 minutes.
- Add the julienne sliced onions next to the chicken thighs. Season with sumac, turmeric, cardamom, salt, and pepper.
- Slide it into the oven at the same temperature, for 30 more minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the pine nuts and toast them for 2 minutes.
- Place the tortilla wraps on a wooden board and lay caramelized onion over them, 1 chicken thigh, and toasted pine nuts.