Ingredients Needed for Mujadarra Rice
½ cup vegetable oil
7 ounces of lentils
3 cups of vegetable stock
7 ounces of rice
1 cup water
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to Cook Mujadarra Rice
- Thinly slice julienne one of the onions and chop the other one. Set aside the julienne sliced onion.
- Heat 2/3 of the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Stir and cook until it softens. Add the lentils and give it a good stir. Pour the vegetable stock, season with salt if necessary, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice and pour about one cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onion, cook it until it starts to get golden, then season it with cumin powder and cinnamon.
- Cook the onion until browned and caramelized.
- Serve it on top of the rice.