Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Roll
1 chicken breast
1 ounce low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 red bell pepper
2 tablespoons of milk
½ cup flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon olive oil
How to Cook Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Roll
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Butterfly the chicken breast – slice the chicken horizontally, but don’t slice it all the way through to the other side; the idea is to open it like a book.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and tenderize the meat using a meat hammer. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Add half of the shredded mozzarella quantity, pickled red pepper and the remaining mozzarella.
- Roll up the chicken breast.
- Make egg wash whisking the egg with milk.
- Coat the chicken roll with flour, then with egg wash, then with breadcrumbs.
- Put the roll in a ceramic baking dish and drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm, with mashed potatoes.