Yesterday we felt the urge for decadent snacks. Well, we made these puppies with gooey mozzarella and flavored them with oregano. You can make them, too, if you spare 25 minutes, that is. Serve them with a white or a red dip. Or both, like we did!
Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella Sticks
½ cup milk
5 ounces panko
1 teaspoon dried oregano
5 ounces flour
7 ounces low moisture mozzarella, cut into sticks
How to Make Mozzarella Sticks
- Add the eggs and milk to a bowl or to some other dish and whisk them with a fork.
- Add the panko to a tray and mix it with the oregano.
- Add the flour to another tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Coat the mozzarella sticks with flour, beaten egg mixture, and panko, then deep-fry them for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve them with a dip.