Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella, Spinach and Bacon Quiche
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 egg yolk
¾ cup heavy cream
¾ cup milk
1 teaspoon butter
2 ounces of baby spinach
5 ounces of low-fat mozzarella, diced
3 slices of bacon, fried
How to Cook Mozzarella, Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Add the flour in your food processor.
- Add the salt, butter, and white wine vinegar.
- Blend until the mixture has the aspect of breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and blend until smooth.
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl and season them with salt and pepper. Pour the heavy cream, milk, and whisk until smooth.
- Grab a round tart tray, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter. Grease it with butter.
- Grab the dough and lay it on the tart tray. Use your hands and evenly spread it on the bottom of it. Press it well, in the middle and on the sides, to eliminate the excess air.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake the tart dough for the next 25 minutes. Reduce the heat of the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Evenly spread the baby spinach and mozzarella on the dough.
- Add the fried bacon and the egg mixture.
- Add the quiche into the oven again, this time for 55 minutes.