Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella and Vegetable Stuffed Beef Roast
For the beef:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 pounds of beef chuck
For the filling:
3 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, cubed
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 spring onion, chopped
1 tablespoon dried oregano
½ tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar for glazing
How to Cook Mozzarella and Vegetable Stuffed Beef Roast
- For the beef:
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat then add the beef chuck.
- Cook on one side until browned, or for 2-3 minutes. Flip it, drizzle with the other tablespoon of olive oil, and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Transfer the fried beef on the work surface. Cut off one of the chuck’s ends.
- Make a deep and wide incision inside it, taking care not to cut through or pierce the meat “bag” thus formed. Turn the meat “bag” inside out.
- For the filling:
Add the mozzarella, bell pepper, onion, spring onion, dried oregano, and olive oil to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Fill the meat “bag” with the vegetable and cheese mixture. Seal it using paddle skewers.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, transfer the meat, and fry it for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Before cutting and serving, glaze it with balsamic vinegar.