Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella and Cheddar Pastries
2 ¼ pounds of flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of water
7 ounces of butter
2 cups of mozzarella, shredded
2 cups of cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Mozzarella and Cheddar Pastries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt and olive oil. Slowly add the water while gently stirring the flour. Knead the dough until it has a sticky texture.
- Spread some flour on your working surface and add the dough in the middle of it. Knead the dough until firm, smooth, and elastic, for about 8 minutes.
- Pinch off a piece of the dough and gently roll between your hands to form 2 inches (5 cm) balls. You should have 15 balls. Continue shaping until all the dough is used.
- Grab each ball and level them with a rolling pin. Grab a knob of butter on the tip of your fingers and spread it over each dough round. Place them in stacks of 3 with butter on the sides so you can stick them. You should have 5 stacks.
- Again, spread flour on your working surface. Grab a stack of dough and level it with a rolling pin. Do it until you get 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter. Evenly spread shredded mozzarella over it.
- Now, fold from the left side towards the middle and spread butter. Fold it from the right side towards the middle and again spread butter. Fold it from the upper side towards yourself until you reach the middle and spread butter. Finally, fold it from the down side towards the middle and again spread butter.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of shredded Cheddar in the corners of the dough. Now grab each corner and wrap them towards the middle.
- Repeat for the remaining 4 stacks.
- Crack the eggs and whisk them.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the pastries in it and coat them with the egg mixture.
- Slide the pastries in the oven for the next 25 minutes.