Calories: 584 kCal / serving
- 86 g
- 11 g
- 22 g
Ingredients Needed for Mirror Glaze Cake
For the sponge cake:
1 ½ cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
14 ounces of ready rolled marzipan
For the glaze:
10 ounces of white chocolate
blue food coloring
red food coloring
How to Make Mirror Glaze Cake
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Add the flour into your mixer bowl.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and a pinch of salt.
- Set your mixer at medium speed and mix until the ingredients combine into a smooth, creamy textured dough. Pour it in a round baking tray, approximately 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter.
- Add it into the oven for the next 45 minutes. In the meantime, you can level the marzipan sheet, widening it and making it thinner.
- In order to melt the chocolate, heat a saucepan over medium heat, and fill about half of it with water. Cover it with a bowl. Add the white chocolate in the bowl and start melting it. Slowly stir with a spatula.
- Slice the cake through the middle and fill it with a cup of melted chocolate.
- Grab the marzipan and fully cover the cake with it. Slice off the excess marzipan.
- Divide the remaining melted white chocolate into 3 separate bowls. Add red food coloring in one of the bowls. Add blue food coloring in the second one. Mix red food coloring and blue food coloring in the third one.
- Use all three colored glazes to decorate the cake according to your preferences!