Ingredients Needed for Mini Meat Pies
2 cups of flour
¼ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup warm water
5 ounces of chicken mince
5 ounces of ground beef
½ onion, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
greek yogurt (optional)
How to Make Mini Meat Pies
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and pour the olive oil. Pour the warm water. Use your hands and knead the dough, until smooth, firm, and elastic.
- Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken mince and ground beef into a bowl. Add the onion, red onion, and garlic. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and parsley. Season with salt, pepper, paprika powder, and curry powder. Mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Dust your working space with flour. Divide the dough into 3. Grab one of the thirds and level it until thin.
- Add 1/3 of the meat on the side of the dough closest to you. Top it with 1/3 of the mozzarella. Leave 1 inch (2.5 cm) of dough empty (the side closest to you).
- Cover the meat with the empty dough near you and secure it on the sides.
- Roll the dough towards the opposite end. Remove the excess dough. Superficially make 3 scores on top.
- Repeat the steps and use the ingredients to make 2 more pies. Top them with whisked egg and sesame seeds.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the pies on it. Slide the tray into the oven for the next 35 minutes.