Ingredients Needed for Mini Calzones
2 tablespoons of flour
12 ounces of store bought pizza dough
½ cup tomato sauce
2 eggs, whisked
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Mini Calzones
- Spread flour on a wooden surface.
- Roll the dough until it is thin.
- Use cooking rings to make round shapes out of the dough. You will need about 20 of them to make 10 mini calzones.
- Take 10 of the round shaped dough and top them with the tomato sauce, 1 salami slice, 1 bocconcini, and 1 basil leaf.
- Brush each mini calzone with whisked eggs and close it with the remaining dough.
- Press it with a fork on the sides so you don’t lose any of the filling.
- When ready, deep fry them until golden.
- Serve the mini calzones with pizza sauce!