Ingredients Needed for Mini Burgers
½ cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried yeast
1 ½ cups of flour plus extra for kneading
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons of black and white sesame seeds
½ teaspoon chili flakes
5 ounces of ground beef
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
6 baby spinaches leaves
2 ounces of cheddar cheese
3 cherry tomatoes
How to Cook Mini Burgers
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Combine the warm water, sugar and dried yeast in a food processor bowl. Stir well and let the ingredients sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast start to make small bubbles.
- Start to process the mixture: add the olive oil and one egg, gradually incorporating the flour. Check the dough. If it’s sticky, add extra flour and process again until you obtain a firm ball.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 6-8 minutes until it turns smooth and elastic.
- Pinch off the dough and form 12 small balls. Place them on a cookie sheet.
- Make the egg wash by whisking the remaining egg with the milk. Brush the balls with this mixture and sprinkle them with salt, black and white sesame seeds, and chili flakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Form 6 small meatballs and fry them until golden-brown.
- Start to assemble the mini-burgers. Slice each burger bun in half and grease the bottom part of the buns with mayonnaise. Add one leaf of baby spinach, a small cube of Cheddar cheese and a slice of cherry tomato. Close the mini burgers with the other bun and enjoy!