Ingredients Needed for Minced Meat and Herbed Butter Boats
For the meat mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of italian sausage meat
½ cup tomato sauce
¼ cup red wine
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
For the herbed butter:
2 ounces of butter
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon basil, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
4 hot dog buns
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Minced Meat and Herbed Butter Boats
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage meat and cook it until it starts to brown.
- Pour the tomato sauce and red wine. Stir, add the salt and parsley. Cook the meat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Next, grab a small bowl and add the butter to it. Add the garlic, parsley, and basil. Mix with a spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Horizontally cut the top side of the buns and remove its crumb.
- Evenly spread the herbed butter over the bread.
- Fill it with minced meat and top with shredded mozzarella. Use the remaining ingredients to make 3 more boats.
- Place the boats in a baking tray.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 10 minutes.