Ingredients Needed for Minced Meat and Bacon Pie
½ red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 pound minced meat
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
1 puff pastry sheet
How to Make Minced Meat and Bacon Pie
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Add the red onion, finely chopped, and cook until softer and a little brown.
- Add the brown sugar. Mix it in the onion.
- Add the minced meat in the skillet and stir fry it until it turns brown.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Coat a round oven tray with breadcrumbs.
- Add the puff pastry sheet to the tray, molding it to fit.
- Use a knife to cut out the excess puff pastry. Save the strips for later.
- Add the minced meat mix to the pastry.
- Cover the minced meat with the slices of bacon.
- Add the puff pastry strips perpendicular to the bacon slices.
- Tuck in the edges of the pie over the strips.
- Make egg wash using an egg and some water.
- Use a brush to coat the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake the pie for 25 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup.