Calories: 682 kCal / serving
- 37 g
- 27 g
- 70 g
Ingredients Needed for Minced Beef With Homemade Tortillas
12 ounces flour
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup warm water
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
14 ounces ground beef
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
6 ounces tomato paste
1/2 cup water
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1-2 teaspoons lime juice
How to Make Minced Beef With Homemade Tortillas
- Add the flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt to the dough mixer bowl. Mix shortly, using a spatula.
- Add the oil and start mixing. Gradually add the warm water in the process. Keep mixing until you have a dough, then set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the meat.
- Break it into smaller pieces. Cook and, occasionally, stir, until the meat browns.
- Season with garlic powder, chili flakes, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Stir.
- Stir in the tomato paste, water, heavy cream, and parsley.
- Season with salt and lime juice. Cook and stir for 1 more minute and remove from heat.
- Break the dough into lumps and flatten them with the rolling pin. You want tortilla-sized dough discs.
- Place them on the baking tray on parchment paper and bake them for 15 minutes at 400ºF/200ºC. You may need to do this in batches.