Ingredients Needed for Mexican Wedding Cookies
5 ounces of butter, room temperature
½ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of water
2 cups of flour
1 cup almonds, crushed
How to Cook Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Add the butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix until you obtain a smooth, yellow-colored mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and a drop of water. Mix so you can incorporate them into the mixture.
- Add the flour 1 tablespoon at a time and mix with a spatula to incorporate it into the mixture.
- Add the crushed almonds and mix well using the same spatula.
- Shape the mixture into 1.5 inches (4 cm) thick balls.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the balls on it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 20 minutes at 330 degrees /165 degrees C.
- You can serve the cookies coated with powdered sugar.