Ingredients Needed for Mexican Veggies in Tortilla Nests
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 sweet pepper, diced
4 ounces of red bean
1 tomato, chopped
3 ounces of sweet corn
½ cup tomato sauce
2 tortilla wraps
vegetable oil for frying
4 ounces of mozzarella
How to Cook Mexican Veggies in Tortilla Nests
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Throw the red onion, sweet pepper, tomato, beans, and sweet corn into the skillet.
- Stir it and add tomato sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the veggies for about 1-2 minutes.
- Deep-fry the tortilla wraps in a saucepan.
- Use a ladle to press their middle towards the bottom of the saucepan.
- Their edges will lift, and that will make them look like nests.
- Don’t fry them too much, you don’t want them burned, just a little crispy.
- In the meantime, add the mozzarella over the cooked veggies.
- Microwave them for about 4-5 minutes.
- Fill the nests with this veggie mix.
- Drizzle some yogurt and top them with some chives.