Mexican Veggies in Tortilla Nests
If you didn’t know vegetarian food can also taste and look good, then for sure you haven’t tried this recipe! It’s inspired by Mexican cuisine, and it has red beans, sweet corn cooked with tomato sauce, and it’s served in a deep-fried tortilla! Mexican feast, here we come!
Ingredients Needed for Mexican Veggies in Tortilla Nests
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 sweet pepper, diced
4 ounces of red bean
1 tomato, chopped
3 ounces of sweet corn
½ cup tomato sauce
2 tortilla wraps
vegetable oil for frying
4 ounces of mozzarella
How to Make Mexican Veggies in Tortilla Nests
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Throw the red onion, sweet pepper, tomato, beans, and sweet corn into the skillet.
- Stir it and add tomato sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the veggies for about 1-2 minutes.
- Deep-fry the tortilla wraps in a saucepan.
- Use a ladle to press their middle towards the bottom of the saucepan.
- Their edges will lift, and that will make them look like nests.
- Don’t fry them too much, you don’t want them burned, just a little crispy.
- In the meantime, add the mozzarella over the cooked veggies.
- Microwave them for about 4-5 minutes.
- Fill the nests with this veggie mix.
- Drizzle some yogurt and top them with some chives.